Mary’s Funny Real Estate Stories:
I have had several stories lately that I haven’t posted yet so here are your laughs for the day:
1. ThePhoenixTV news reported the other day that a listing realtor went over to an emptyScottsdalehouse to check on it. Heard strange noises from the garage, & found five– count ‘em, five– diamondback rattle snakes had taken up residence in the garage! Scary!
2. Tried to get the key out of the MLS lockbox, & the inside container with key was missing. Told the listing realtor that we wanted to get in, & she told us she didn’t have a key, so we’d have to find another house!! Does she want to sell it or doesn’t she? Later called seller, who let us in & told me she had the keybox inside the house. What a comedy of errors! Ended up offering on the house but have to wait for bank approval now.
3. Mary’s funny Real Estate Stories: house had carpet thruout, but paths of tile like a yellow brick road thru all the rooms. Finally figured former occupant likely had a wheelchair, but why not get rid of all the carpet, not just the paths?
4. Mary’s ‘funny’ real estate stories: I see a new homeowner taking possession of his house inFloridafound a dead body in a car in the garage! Surprise!
5. Buyer told us he was replacing picture window with sliding glass doors, then proceeded to ask my seller for $500 because the picture window had lost it’s thermal seal! My seller refused because he had told us about his plan to replace it.
6. Realtor told me her client wanted to take her own car so she could bring her dog along. When they picked her up, big dog was in front seat, realtor had to sit in back all day!
7. From a realtor, who gave 30% referral fee to another realtor, 25% commission to her broker, accepted 1% less commission from bank, whose clients DEMANDED a closing gift. My opinion of closing gifts? Do you give a gift to the grocer/plumber for good service? Realtors do a bangup job under trying circumstances, fo less money, more headaches, so maybe realtors deserve a gratuity for good service!
8. Years ago, my cousin was staying part time for the summer at our Grandad’s. He was out on the road working, came back, walked in to see strange lady in bathrobe. They introduced themesleves & the lady said she had bought the house the week before. Grampa hadn’t bothered to tell my cousin the house was sold.
9. Hard to sell a listing which has two abandoned cars full of feral cats next door. House also full of cats. Calls to animal control didn’t work. Even the neighbors’ BB guns didn’t work! Finally calls to the two old ladies’ relatives worked, the ladies moved to assisted living, the house was cleaned up, painted, & the cats disappeared. Then I got the listing for the cat house too.
10. Showing a house where young daughter needed brain surgery. Father asked me to hand out fund raiser cards at my office. My cliient pulled out $100 bill & contributed on the spot. I love my clients.
11. That TV program Hoarders is sad but true. Over 15 years in real estate, & I have seen lots of those kinds of houses. Also saw lots when I was a social worker many years ago…
If anyone has funny stories they want to share, please send them along. I’m thinking of writing a book.
Want to know more about the Phoenix Scottsdale home scene? Call or email email@example.com for free info on the following:
*Register for frequent MLS updates on your new Arizona Home
*Disclosure issues affecting Phoenix Home buying
*Shopping, Golf, Sports, Critter Report,ArizonaLiving
*Maxiemize Lifestyle with PhoenixAreaCanadianRealtor 602-738-6597 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 602-738-6597 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mary Maxie, Associate Broker, Prudential Arizona Properties